August was a whirlwind. Between Jac's pain and impending surgery and my return to the daily grind, the month FLEW by and not a ton of fun was had. Bummer. Here's a bit of what we did manage to do:
We made KOLACHES
And they are so dang good that I FINALLY have kicked the McDonald's Sausage Biscuit habit. Between kolaches and eggy bagels, I am LOVING my breakfasts...and am one spoiled lady.
Back to work, at the same school but in a different grade. Here's all the stuff I gathered to set up my classroom (the night before moving it all in):
Delicious Food
Jac delivered on the food in August, with lots of AMAZING meals out in the backyard -- soaking up the end of summer and (maybe) the end of our time eating al fresco. Here's a sampling:
The garden continued to produce in August, although WHERE ARE THE TOMATOES. :( We had a huge bumper crop of eggplant and peppers -- which have been fantastic -- but the tomatoes less plentiful and not ripening. It was just a sea of green. Hmmm....what did I do wrong? I've got some ideas.
We also had a decent harvest of onions, given that this was my first time ever growing them. They were all small, but that didn't stop us from enjoying them. :)
One weekend we had Poria and Madison over for a barbeque
And apparently a pedicure of some sort? I think I was inside at this point? I don't remember this part of the night. :)
We love our pretty little backyard. My favorite times are often spent here!
and HELLO top this giant new one! My mom offered to trade with us when she moved, since she wasn't really needing a big one anymore. At our house...a big one is certainly needed!! And we LOVE it!!!
Jac continued to appreciate having the best office view ever (working at home):
And finally, one day Jac and Madison has some adventures in welding (fixing a table from her work). Cool look Madison. :)
I wouldn't say August was either one of our favorite months in a while, but we made it through and managed to squeeze in good times here and there. It's going to be a bumpy few months ahead, but we also know good times are on the horizon for us by the end of the year.






















