May got away from me. Too much to do, not enough time. So, no country dates happened in May. No garden tracking was done. No adventures were had.
Looking back on it, we did life wrong in May. Too much on the 'to do' list, not enough on the 'fun' list. And lesson learned! I am cancelling and paring down. I'm doin' life differently. For example:
- The garden will for sure be streamlined next year. I'm already working on what to simplify, what to do different. (And along those lines....I'm nixing the 'garden update' posts on this blog. Too much work.)
- I applied for and got a grant for 90 free perennial plants from the state of Utah. It would be awesome to do (and it'd probably be over $2k in free plants), but it would be a lot of work to convert the area from grass to a garden...and all we do is work lately. Enough. So I declined it when the time came to officially accept it.
- I've decided that our country 'dates' need to probably go back to just one evening. I am busting with ideas for fun activities for each country, but it just becomes too much. We can't go all in like we did for Japan. We're gonna focus on ONE night a month.
- Adventures MUST happen each month, even if it's just one day. We need our 'play' time. :)
Okay, back to May's blog update. Since I'm behind, I'm just gonna post pictures I took during the month, no commentary.
We went to Van's birthday party:
We got him a science kit, which he apparently enjoyed :)
We got together for Cindy's birthday:
We celebrated Mother's Day:

I went to St. George with family....to see more family:
We starting livin' our lives more outside again. We love this backyard!
We ate well, of course:
But it definitely had it's misses, including these slightly underwhelming final harvests (after months growing!):
I spent A TON of time on the garden (below is watering the starts):
It was a good month. A full one, but a good one. They're all good months here on Center Street. :)



































